Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Lake House Birthday

I needed to get up early today to get to the day game up in Milwaukee. It’s a 2 hour drive and Vinnie has scared me into thinking there’s gonna be hours of traffic. There’s a little traffic cause they are working on every freeway in America. And working on it right on the Illinois/Wisconsin border as well. So my plan to take a picture in front of the Illinois sign on my way out of Illinois is shot and the Wisconsin sign is too hard to get to because of all the construction on the side of the road. So another hit on my state sign goal. The closer I get to the stadium the more frantic I am about getting there on time. I get close to the stadium about 35 min prior to game time and I still need to park and get a ticket. I haven’t missed a first pitch yet. Well except for the 2nd game against in Boston I went to and that’s cause I didn’t know I was going to go to that game till the game had started. I walk into the stadium 15 min prior to game time. I have shitty tickets but I’m just gonna sit wherever I want. There are like 5 levels in this stadium, and I go up to what would be club level in ATT and just sit down. Great seats. I don’t know how much these are but in any other stadium there a good $25 - $30. I kick back relax and pull in this beautiful stadium. It’s huge retractable and open. It’s a very cleverness stadium but also very inviting and close. Weird but nice. The 30 small Miller lite’s from last night need company and of course I need a Miller in Miller Park. $6.75. The smell of brat fills the air and of course I’m getting one of them also. The game is lagging a bit but I think it’s because I can’t wait to get to Shelly’s. They are the funnest, yes I’m using the word funnest, nicest, and coolest. And it really helps they like to drink their weight in booze also. Their on a lake with a boat and sea-doo’s. Anyway more about that later. I take a walk around the stadium and I don’t know what it is but I keep hitting stadiums on either family days or kid’s days. Today it looks like both. Got kids that are from 8 – 18 and blue hairs all over the place. It’s a bit much for me. The 22nd home victory isn’t looking good throughout most this game. But the 9th inning comes around and the Brewers come back and tie it up. Now I had moved to the bleachers in the sun for the 8th inning. Thinking it would be over soon. So now it’s the 9th and I’m sweating my ass off and we are getting some free baseball. The 11th inning comes around and I’m baking. Now I don’t know if it’s me or the brat’s I smell cooking. Brewers finally give me my 22nd victory in the 11th, and I can now get up and wring out my boxers. LOL. It’s only about 20 min to Pewaukee so I jump in and get to it. As I pull up Shelly just got there with my cousin Andy’s 2 girls. Cutest little things ever. When they get older they are gonna do something really bad and just smile and get out of whatever trouble they were in. Hell they do that now lol. It’s one of the first weekends they are up at the cabin so we need to get things out and up, cleaned and stocked. It takes work to get a vacation house set up to party in. I think this is why I like hotels so much. We end up having a little dinner and the next door neighbors who are also nice as hell, take us out on the pontoon boat and we puts around the lake checking out these million dollar houses that are just gorgeous. It’s a pretty mellow night, which is never a bad thing when on vacation. On vacation your always trying to do something, since you are somewhere else and for me I feel like an idiot just sitting around when I could be doing something, but doing nothing is doing something on vacation. It just takes a while to feel comfortable doing that. This whole time I’m here was very nice and relaxing. Got some more sun, and had some fun on the sea-doo, did some drinking with fam and their friends. I was gonna go to Minneapolis Saturday but instead of driving for wings and not get to have much fun at either place I decided to stay one more day in Pewaukee. On my birthday. And I’m not a fan of telling people it’s my birthday till after the fact, that way there’s no annoying birthday songs, and someone wanting to slap you or hit you 28 times LOL. And it started so well. Sea-doo and junk food all day, and I don’t know if it was something I ate, or everything I ate, or everything just catching up to me a little but I got a bug of some sort and was not in a good place that night. I haven’t been sick like that in years. I haven’t puked from booze in years, and from being sick in even longer. At least it was memorable lol. I’ll remember this one no doubt. I’m glad I didn’t decide to drive to Minneapolis this night, it would have been bad. And showing up at another cousin’s house puking my brains out probably isn’t the best way to say hi. But I do need to wake up early and hit the road so I can pick up my dad and go to their BBQ before I go to the game. Horrible night and less sleep than I’d gotten in most cities. Doesn’t help with 15 people in the house and half are kids and they all wake up before the crack of dawn and I’m on the couch. Bad combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment