Friday, June 11, 2010

Minnesotah

Picked up my pop at his hotel in Minneapolis, then for a stop off at my cousin John’s place to see all the Minnesotahans. My pops got in last night after missing his flight. He is going to truck it with me the last 4 cites. I can’t believe that is so close to over. Only about a week and a half left. Then back to the real world and I getting more and more anxious. The drive in isn’t great cause my stomach still isn’t in the right place. I don’t feel like puking anymore but I need some ginger ale or something to settle the stomach. It’s only a 5 hour drive but again seems like it’s longer. I pull into Minneapolis at about 2:30 ish and within 15 min of picking up my dad we get lost. I’ve been driving over 8,000 miles and haven’t gotten to a point where I just don’t know where to go, but of course pop jumps in and ohh go left ohh I think you need to take this one. LOL it’s awesome though. Love having pops with me. We always have a good time. We finally get to my cousins and I can’t even really think about eating or drinking anything. I know how to cure a hangover. And gotten very good at putting down the hair of the dog. Before this trip, it was really hard for me to wake up and have more booze to cure the pain but I know it helps me a ton. But with being an upset stomach booze and spicy food is not gonna help. They have sausage, burgers, and a million types of salads it’s a great layout. I do try and have a little food hoping it will help a little, it doesn’t. I have a beer just to keep my rep up with the family lol. We catch up with the family meeting some, re-meeting others. When you have 1,000 cousins you tend to forget some here and there. Especially when you see them maybe every 3 years at our reunions and they change a ton. Kids having kids and kids growing up. We say our hellos and goodbye and head in for the game. We bought tickets before we left for the BBQ and the place was sold out. The only tickets we could get were standing room only. Very cool. The only place I’ve been where tickets were pretty much impossible. But they have bars inside with stools and I’m sure I can find something while my pops checks out the bar. We walk in and it’s better than what people had been saying. Its open, which I’m not a fan of cause it seems like they don’t want to play in October. I mean it’s cold there in April and October. I don’t think any new stadium should be without a retractable roof. It works out for everywhere and then you don’t have a kid driving around the country and it gets rained out…Detroit…..Anyway. It’s got the city behind it and the looks of new and old in one. It’s tall but still small. You are right on top of the field and can see everything from everywhere. The outfield you can stand next to a Captain Morgan Bar and watch the game or just stand there and watch the game. They give you a lot of room to watch from standing room only. After the first couple innings we moved to the bar and watched a couple there and had a little food. Good food, good people. The place is just put together so well. Great view of a little part of downtown. The stadium in 6 or 7 years when the people decide not to pack the place anymore is gonna look really big, casernes and empty. The Twins of course win upping my record again. We head out and I’m hoping my stomach starts to feel better, but even if it doesn’t I’m still gonna drink. We go to this place called the news room. It’s like 3 blocks from the hotel, and it’s really cool looking. We sit down at a bar that looks like a ship. And we are looking at each other wondering why there is a ship in the “News Room”. We had a couple drinks, pretty much just bourbon on the rocks. We had to ask why we were sitting at a ship, and the coolest answer came out. Since it’s called the News Room, each room in the place is decorated like a different part of the newspaper. The bar was the travel section; the dining room I think was entertainment. I went from thinking it’s the dumbest thing I ever, and wondering why the news room had a pirate ship to thinking wow that had a lot of thought and money in it. Very cool. Good food to. They had a little bit of everything. 4 kinds of cheeses, on great bread. The Bourbon is calming my stomach just in time to finish up and hit the hay before a 9 hour drive to St. Louis tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment