Tuesday, April 13, 2010

5 Days Left

Soooo, my trip is coming up quickly. People keep asking me if I'm scared at this point. Definitely not scared. Way to excited to be scared. I have every detail planned out. Ive crossed my I's and dotted my T's (lol) at this point and i know exactly what time i need to leave each day to get to the next destination. One of the only concerns i have is the time change. I have a feeling I'm going to be driving through some random city and ask some poor unsuspecting guy what time zone I'm in?
I have a couple tickets to games already. My Dad has decided to start my trip out with me. We are leaving at 10am on Saturday morning and he will go to the Giants/Dodger game, the Tiger/Angel game, and the Giants/Padres game. Then i will drop him off at the airport on Wednesday, and drive to Phoenix. I have gotten some great ideas on where to go in both these cities. I do know for one thing i need some Mexican food while down in SD. Everyone says its so much better than the Mexican food up here, so I definitely have to see. Even though I'm in LOVE with Papalote on Masonic and Fulton. The salsa is the most amazing stuff. You get a huge ass burrito, chips, salsa, nice and great service. It is almost $10 but when i want a burrito i want a burrito!!!
I've also gotten tickets to the Nationals/Braves game. My Aunt Sandy's family is down there and was able to pull me 2 tickets. So stoked!!! And my cuz Justin is thinking of coming down to meet me for the game. It should be a good time.
I've also decided that I'm not going to make many hotel reservations. Except for the ones where i am staying more than one day(NO, Miami, D.C., NY, and Boston). Everything else I'm just gonna drive into town and either get a cheap hotel, when there or just stay in my car for a couple hour nap before moving on. I have been talking to a lot of people about hotels and most the travelers tell me to use Hotwire.com. It looks like that is going to work for the long stays and ill be booking all of those on Friday morning along with buying my Giants/Mets, Yankee/Red Sox, and Twins/ Yankee games. Then ill be set and ready to go. The rest of the games I'm just gonna walk up to and buy from the ticket windows or I'm gonna scalp them. I figure it shouldn't be to hard to get tickets to the Nationals game lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment