Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Heaven is Empty

Heaven is Empty
We wake up very, very, very slow again. Taking our time to get out of the hotel. We get down close to Los Angeles Angel Stadium in Anaheim. Still don’t know why the stupid, long name. We get some lunch at this big chain called National Sports Grill and Bar in Orange City?? More with the names down here. They are a tad bit off. Most of the names of the streets I can’t pronounce or they are just weird. I needed to be a bit healthy do food today so I grabbed a wrap. Deep fried chicken with ranch dressing and another spicy mayo on the side. Lol really healthy. It did come with watermelon and cantaloupe but I didn’t even touch them. Washing it down with a couple screwdrivers. Not very good food at all. But it was substance in a kinda hung-over but still not feeling that bad of a stomach. We run some errands and wait in the car for the game to start. We walk in and it’s a pristine stadium. It was built in the same era as Candlestick and was wondering how it looked so nice. I found out very soon as the game started and there was less people there than the start of the Dodger game. I guess it doesn’t matter what stadium you are in, in LA no one shows up on time. I wonder if people who go to the Lakers games show up in the 2nd quarter and leave in the 3rd. The amount of people never got any better. I’ve never seen a stadium so empty in my life. There was no one there!!!!! And when I say no one I don’t mean like 30,000 I mean like 30 people. The pictures will show that. I took 1 of behind the bleachers during mid inning and no one is walking no one is standing getting food just dead. The food was good at least. Clyde’s BBQ, a pulled pork sandwich and a foot long Italian sausage with onions and peppers. Awesome. I was concerned cause I asked a couple people what was good in there to eat and 1 said there was everything in here. Chinese food and BBQ and diner food. The Chinese food was Panda Express and a place that served like Johnny Rockets food. Again I’m glad we did BBQ. The game was boring as hell, it was a nice pitcher’s duel but when the people don’t even clap when the scoreboard tells them to, and you know you have a very dedicated crowd on our hands. WOW just emotionless. The only thing they would do was boo Johnny Damon and I don’t know why they hate him so much. He won a couple World Series? Weird ass LAites. I was wearing all my orange to represent but also to root for the Tigers, people didn’t like that but I think I got heckled more by Dodger fans that were there who probably outnumbered Angels fans. The Angels got an early 2 runs and the Tigers just couldn’t get that clutch hit. The Tigers lost 2-0. So I’m 0 – 2, and each home team has won. Not looking good for the rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment