Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dogs, Dodgers and Disapointment

We wake up slowly on Sunday for our Giants/ Dodger game. Taking our time but knowing we got to get to the stadium soon cause knowing LA there’s going to be traffic. And of course there was a line the size of San Francisco. We already have our tickets at will call from online, but of course they had no clue what we were talking about. No biggy though, we got the tickets and go in. I was defiantly not as freaked out as I was last year when I went to the night game. And maybe it was because we were sitting in little better seats. I’m geared up and everyone passing me looks at me like I’m the biggest ass in the world, which would normally be true but I’m in LA surrounded by them, so not a chance. We grab a couple beers and some Dodger dogs. Worst food ever at this stadium. Granted it’s the first stadium on the trip but all they had was Carl’s JR., CPK, a cheese steak place that no one was in line for and these horrible things they call hot dogs. 7-11 does a better job. But I’m not expecting anything good here since it is LA and it is Dodger stadium. These dogs had burn marks on them, and tasted like rubber. $30 for all of it. But Zito was pitching and a 9 run victory the day before, so nothing was gonna get me down. Pitcher’s duel of pitchers duels. 3 hits for each with no runs going into the 7th. OOOUUUUUU – Ribe gets up and smacks a bomb getting all 10 of the Giants fans up and cheering. Coasting, watching people leave in the 8th. Then this huge roar starts and I have no f-ing clue what’s going on. I look at the dugout and they are putting Manny in as a pinch hitter with a man on 1st. This place was ridiculous. The electricity was amazing, even for me. This was a huge change from the previous 8 innings where the people barely clapped unless the scoreboard told them to. Watching him come up was like watching Barry for us Giants fans. Just knowing that he was going to win this game in 1 swing. And what does he do. Just that!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Romo drops one in to the red zone for Manny and he takes this damn thing 407 feet out to left. I heard it, lowered my head and had everyone around me jumping out of their skin. Shitty ending to a great day.
Well to drown our sorrows we had already planned to go to the Library bar in downtown LA. They are closed so we see The Daily Grill and stop in. Sit at the bar and grab some more Old-Fashions. Shawn from El Paso, TX is our bartender and just a cool dude. Too bad he was a Dodger fan but he was nice enough not to rub it in. Way better of a guy than I am. I’d have yelled at a Dodger fan and spit in his drink. We get to talking and we have 2 hours to kill so we order some happy hour food. A little calamari…ehhhh not great. Blue Cheese Fries, just drenched in pounds and pounds of cheese…..These were ridiculous. And Seared Ahi… Awesome and I’m not a seafood fan, but these were cooked perfect and it was so fresh. More top notch food in LA, and this time the drinks and service matched up. Something that never happens in SF happens when I’m out smoking. I’m minding my own business and I look up and see the big, hairy dude from Sons of Anarchy. Couldn’t believe it and I think I was in more shock because I was about 6 sheets to the wind. Said he man love the show, he thanked me and he walked away. Just so weird. You don’t run into famous people just walking down the street in SF. Anyway so we left and thanked everyone. They gave us an idea for dinner the LA Pride. It’s on the 35 floor across the st. So we go to Library bar for a quick drink and reminisce about the last time we were in this bar and we stumbled out to get us a steak. We go up to the LA Pride but get lost and end up at the Rotunda and aren’t too happy we can’t get food cause we thought this was the place we wanted. I sit down, put my hat on the edge window sill next to me and get a tap on my shoulder from this nice Asian couple asking me if this was my hat. THE DAMN THING WAS MOVING AND I PUT MY HAT ON IT THINKING IT WOULD STILL BE THERE!!! Like I said we were 6 sheets by the time we got our seat in LA Pride we were 15 sheets at least. We sit down grab a NY Steak and Prime Rib. Cooked to perfection with a great view of LA and a great bottle of Duckhorn Pinot that blends perfectly. Service was great. The woman was from Marin and from what I remember we talked about The City for a little bit. We then put ourselves together and drove home very very very slowly. Another good sleep for me. I can’t say the same for my Pops he didn’t quite make it in good health through the night. HA, he’ll hate me for putting that. Another great day except for the Giants loss but you can’t win them all I was just hoping they’d win that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment