Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Boring Time

So after a 10 hour or so drive and getting into St. Petes a lot earlier than I thought because there is absolutely nothing between N.O. and St. Petes. I was gonna get a room outside but the people at the tolls didn’t even know of a small town in-between. Starting to find that people in the south are retarded!! You can tell what states you are in actually, the wooded areas surrounding the freeways tell a lot about where you are. I get in and stay in my hotel but a night earlier and the reatardedness continues. It’s too hard to explain but Florida isn’t getting any A’s in school. I tried finding some food, but unfortunately I had to break my no fast food rule since it was 2 am and a gyro fast food was the only place open. Shitty food, ghetto ass service. That’s what ya get for staying in the ghetto. And that’s the last time ill spend in less than a 3 star hotel. It’s always too far out shitty rooms and everything is bad about it. So for now on I’m staying at good hotels. I’ll pay the difference and be close to stuff. St. Pete’s was very uneventful. I went to the game. Pretty decent. The game stadium for how old it is was nice. Everyone hates it but they did a lot inside to make it look nice, and fan friendly. They dedicate a lot to spring training, and all the teams that have gone through there. The rays win and I’m 6 – 7 for home team victories. I think I may be lucky. I hit up some great spots near the water. The downtown shuts down early but it was a week day. I stopped in to Bella Brava for some good drinks another place I took their menu. They had some interesting drink concoctions. Then I went down the street to this Ceviche. Had a Spanish sidecar and if I remember correctly it was rum based and then pretty much the same but on the rock. Nice and refreshing. Drank and ate till I could do no more, then tried to catch a cab. Holy crap the hardest thing I’ve had to do so far. I called and they told me between 10 and 30 min!!! I’m drunk and on the corner of a random as street. Was fucking disturbing but that’s how po-dunk ass towns are. Pretty uneventful time. The only thing I could really take away from this town is when they were showing the crowd dancing and such, a total Florida old man was shown on the screen he looked like the cartoon character from loony tunes the really old man smoking a pipe with the big ass hat on. I’ll try and find a picture of him. Probably not gonna find it. It’s not Yosemite Sam. But it was perfect; he looked exactly like him and was a perfect southern cartoon character turned real.

No comments:

Post a Comment