Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just Baltimore

So after a long good night in Boston it took a while in my mind to get to Baltimore. I had to double back around and grab the state signs. Which sometimes is a huge pain in the ass but I want to get as many as the states will let me. Some are not as easy on one side as they are on the other side of the state. NY coming from the south shoots you right into NYC so nowhere to pull over. Pulling into Baltimore it is raining!!! And of course freaking out every min it rains harder and harder. Thinking this is the stadium I’m going to miss because of rain. I check into the hotel and there is nothing that goes into the stadium so it’s a quick 20 blocks, 20 min drive in the rain. It’s right downtown right after work so it’s taking a while. But I get parked and it’s still drizzling. The park is BEAUTIFUL!!! Just as I thought it would be. Except for the walkway behind right field. I thought that the walkway was a small ally behind the park and not part of it. Boy was I wrong. I walk into the stadium and I start on the walkway, on the right there is the warehouses that now have bars in them. And to my left is the stadium that started the change in stadiums today. Old looking but still new look to it. The game starts 30 min late but thank god it starts. The inside is large and rommie but still has a small stadium touch to it. No one is there because it’s raining and cold as hell, but they are kinda into it. They have the worst music selection though. Vanilla Ice, Old 80’s jams and just all around crap. There might have been some Jonas Brothers but I couldn’t tell them from someone killing cat. Of course Baltimore wins another home team victory. I head out of the stadium and back to the hotel, where the only parking near that doesn’t cost $25 is on the street and I have to leave by 8, which is fine with me cause wasn’t really into staying in Baltimore all that much anyway. I grab some actual pretty good food and a beer at the Irish pub up the street and head right for the hotel, and bed. Been a long day of driving and being hung-over at the beginning of the day has turned into overwhelming tiredness. I hit the hay for an early morning wake up to get out of Baltimore and head to NY again.

No comments:

Post a Comment