Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Walk Off's in NY

I wake up to get the fuck out of Philly. Jesus!!! The booze isn’t so bad but the people…THE PEOPLE!!! I jump in the car on my way to NY. I’m here for only 2 days and I’m gonna use this time to relax and get some energy back. I’m staying in Queens which is a short bus ride away from Citi Field where I get to watch my Giants play the Mets. It isn’t too far. It’s only a 4 hour drive but made longer when your GPS likes to give you 9 instructions at once and one missed exit cost me an extra $10. The amount of money I’m spending on toll ways is ridiculous. From D.C. to Philly and now N.Y. I spent almost $30 getting to Queens. George Washington Bridge, Manhattan Bridge, Lincoln Tunnel!!!! $5 for the GG Bridge is nothing compared to the shit you have to do in this city. I wanted to go driving around to other cities but I was so worried I’d run into more bridges and tunnels that I’d have to spend a shit ton of money on. The busses and subway is the way to go. So I get to my hotel and chill out. Grabbing a drink typing out some blog downstairs at the hotel bar. I wanted to head out and get some food and see Queens at least. I found some place in some part of the city, lol. It was like Cuban food, I had a chicken stuffed with cheese and cheese and bacon and covered with cheese and BBQ sauce. While I was waiting outside for the food and having a cigarette and I’m looking around at how beautiful it was. And started thinking about how many people kept telling me I’m gonna run into a city and find something I like so much I’m never gonna want to leave. I look up and down the street, hmm wow, I could do this. This is like the Mission and a short ride from Manhattan. And my mind goes forward about let’s say 8 months, and I look at my car and picture it and under 6 feet of snow….. And yea not a chance I’m gonna do this shit!!! I love the snow, but if I had a big rig with a plow on the front of it then maybe, and an electric car starter. But yea I love having no seasons. Anyway so I get to the hotel after dinner and go to the hotel bar to chill out and watch the games on TV. I end up sitting next to this older chick that plays on the LPGA from time to time, travels to other countries like weekly for her job which is green products for hotels. She has been crying all say cause she’s a woman who missed her flight??!! Ughhh. She’s also been drinking since like 5. We chat and go out for a smoke, it’s so bad watching someone crumble in front of you but hilarious. She can hardly walk to the door, she goes to light her cigarette the wrong way. She ends up getting it right. We finish up and go to the bar. She’s going through her bag for something and I look over and she is either drooling or puking into her purse!!! I’m guessing puking but who the fuck knows. Ugh, I have to take care of someone, and all I want to do is have a drink and relax. And no I didn’t do what most of you bastards think I did, you filthy fuckers lol. I was very gentlemanly and told the guy at the desk and had him bring her up. And being nice pays off cause he bought me a drink!!! Works for me lol. I’ll take a Makers rocks for free any day.
The next day I need some NY pizza for lunch. The person at the front desk sends me to the place they all go. I have to ask a couple people outside the place how it is cause I’m not having bad pizza in NY. I order a slice of pepperoni pie. I put a little pepper flakes on it and go for it. Eh its pizza. Nothing special the only difference is that you have to fold it. Pizza is pizza. And again another food you have to get is a disappointment. The pizza in Chicago better not be as disappointing. But I do have to say once I had some pizza, I got hooked. I need to catch the bus to the game which picks my up right in front of the hotel and drops me off right in front of Citi Field. I get there really early cause I want to perfect tickets. I want upper deck front row so my flag hangs and shows everyone!!! Yea buddy, go Giants!!! I get in there early and watch my Giants take some batting practice. I’m using the fact that I drove 5,000 miles and screaming at the Giants to come sign autographs. And its works Matt Cain who I’ve been hoping for comes over and signs. I have a baseball I want him, Zito, and Lincecum on. So 2 sown and just Timmy to go. But as I’m watching batting practice Timmy just lets balls pass him in the outfield and lets someone else go pick them up at the warning track, it looks like he doesn’t want people asking him for his autograph. Either he’s too nice to say no or he’s a complete dick. Right now I’m going he’s a Dick. Cause all his boys sign. Zito evens points me out at the end of batting practice and throws me a ball. And I didn’t fuck it up and drop it. I caught it and shoved it in the kids standing next to me face. HA fucking kiddy Mets’ fans. In your face. I didn’t do that. The game starts and if you’ve been paying attention to the home team winning, well they did it again. We were down all game and in the top of the 9th we come back and tie the game. There are a good amount of Giants fans there so it’s getting rowdy. I pull my flag out and wave it around!!! Slapping hands and screaming lets go Giants. The bottom of the 9th comes along and again Romo throws another homerun to lose a game for the second time on my trip. There is nothing more sad than sitting in another team’s park after a walk off homerun folding up your flag that you were just waving in their face. But the Mets’ fans are all cool. All just for fun.
I found out last night that the Saturday game is a day game. So I wake up early and catch the bus again. Get there early cause I’m hoping for batting practice again but it has been raining so its canceled. I try to go outside to go get some food and they say I can’t leave. No in and out. I actually talk to the manager of the staff and he confirms and I had to compare the place to a jail. He says we like to think of it as a little better than that. But when you can’t come and go as you please it sounds like a jail to me. Anyway, I watch the game just kinda taking it in cause I don’t want to fold up my flag again at the end of the game. We are down all game and again we come back and tie the game!!! And again in the 10th, my first extra inning game, yep you guessed it, we blow it again. Another walk off homerun. And the home team wins again. Its 11-2 for the home teams. This is stupid. 4 of those losses are my Giants. I can’t be in to bad of a mood though cause I’m leaving to Boston, and this is a good weekend anyway, and tomorrow I get to see the Yankees/Red Sox game. The rivalry or rivalries

No comments:

Post a Comment